Foundational Requirements: (minimum of 30 hours formation)
- Academic preparation
- 16 hours of the formation using CPMC Prison Ministry 101 with accompanying reflection booklets
- Clinical preparation
- 8 hours of reflection with an assigned mentor/supervisor to review reflection questions from the webinars and process the experiences in jail/prisons/detention centers, reentry, families of prisoners, parish-based restorative justice work
- Ministry experience
- At least 6 hours of mentoring in multiple settings aimed to help discern understanding and comfort level for the ministry.
- Pastor or his delegate such as a deacon or pastoral associate
- A person from a ministerial/correctional setting
- Verification of attendance at VIRTUS training (Child Protection training)
For Diocesan Directors of Prison and Pastoral Care Ministries Programs:
Below, we share several offerings for the coming months. More will be offered throughout 2022.
If your diocese needs a more extensive introduction to all the components of the Foundational Formation program with your facilitators becoming familiar with the components, after which you can further prepare your own facilitators/mentors, then we offer this 2-hour program for diocesan or parish directors of correctional ministry and representatives of potential facilitators/mentors. The program will include an introduction to the content and method of the Foundational’s six-session formation program, as well as, prepare facilitators and mentors for their specific roles in leading this program. This 2-hour introduction program fee is $60 per line/computer/device. Note that the program may run slightly over 2 hours due to Q&A.
If your diocese needs more support from outside the diocese to offer this program, then:
If you need CPMC personnel, rather than your diocesan personnel to offer this program, then we can also facilitate a specific diocese Foundational program for the six 1 hour synchronous ZOOM sessions. We will work with you to set the dates and times. The fee for this program is $1,500 (limit of 12-15 participants).